Monday 24 January 2011

slam reflection.

Miss Pollock assigned us the assignment of reflecting on our Slam poetry workshop. So here goes nothing.

A)What did you learn from Greg and Beth Ann? (at least 2 things)

I learnt that every peace of writing is poetry. Be it a novel, a article, everything is poetry in it's own way. I also learnt that It's easier to memorize a peace of poetry by using actions, I never really moved but just by watching Claire's performance I can tell she found it easier by acting some words out.

B)When writing your own poem, what did you use as inspiration? (at least 3 things)

I listened to music, it gave me ideas on interesting topics. Like Taylor swift, her music had the genre of romance, where as Rhianna sang about abuse with Eminem. Even just turning on the TV and watching the news can help. Or just past stories. All of them can help really.

C)What are you most proud of from your poem or your presentation of it? (at least one thing)

I'm really proud that I presented an issue that is happening in different parts of the world. Women are being beaten everyday because they may do something wrong, or they just get beaten for saying something. And i personally think that's a horrible thing to do.

D)How did you feel before you performed?

I felt really.. nervous. Just being the only one standing up and everyone looking up at me kind of freaked me out. I think it would've gone better if I did what Jack S. does and look off into the distance to keep in character or keep your concentration.

E)How did you feel AFTER you performed?

I felt very happy, but still a bit nervous from going up and then sitting down in the same second. It kind of gets scary. I can't imagine how Greg and Beth do it.

F)What would you change about your own poem or performance for next time? (at least 1 thing)
think I'd make my poem more deep by using more metaphors and similes.

G)What did you learn/like about someone else's poem?

I really liked Melissa's performance. I said it before and I'll say it again, it's almost as if she goes from this quiet innocent girl into the most amazing girl that won't take anything from any one. It's just... AMAZING. She really should go into the youth slam.



Here is my poem.


One bruise, can tell a thousand stories.
Who
What
When, why, how.
Yous ask but don't get an answer.

He screams, she screams.
She runs, he chases.
He hits, she cries.
All most paralized.
Hurt.

Hurt that he doesn't love her enough to stop.
Stop the cries, the hits, the screams.
Stop the nightmares.

Nothing can help.
No help.
just hate, no love nothing more.

Why doesn't she run.
She can't, he only chases her.
Who does she tell.
It's top secret, she can't even tell her own mother.

The mother that can help.
But, she doesn't say a word.
It's silent as they both cry.
And hurt.

1 comment:

MaxL said...

I really liiked your poem, it is very deep it's probably because this is "Tara's Hardcore Blog" ;)