Tuesday 15 February 2011

readers response #1

-Copy down a quote from a character and explain why you think it's meaningful. What does it suggest about this character's personality? Personal qualities? Etc. Explain your thinking.

"It's okay to think that way... to feel that way"

Is my quote by pastor Dave in shaken. because I think what hes trying to say is, you might think something that might sound wrong at first but then the feeling just makes it okay.

Example: Josh found out his mother was going to die but in 7 weeks i think it was. and he thought she should just die already because he doesnt want to feel the pain of knowing shes in pain for another week.


  • Do the characters seem real and believable? Can you relate to their predicaments? To what extent do they remind you of yourself or someone you know?


The characters really, real. I can kind of relate to Naiomi because she was scared to go on a lplane and the first time I was on a plane I wanted to just cry.She kind of reminds me of myself because she really likes Josh and I have liked a guy alot more then once, so you just want to be around him.

2 comments:

Shauna Pollock said...

Hi Tara,

Good job on this. Make sure to also post a copy on your Readers Response page.

Miss P

MaxL said...

Hello :) I'm also reading Shaken. To be honest I'm kind of behind haha, but anyways I really like the part in the book that you mentioned at the bottom, it was a fairly "cute" I'm sure when I catch up I will understand more than what I do now :P


Your blogger buddy from the dirty shwa, Max frontside lindsay add me on facebook ;) hopefully I don't get introuble for that ;O