Tuesday 16 November 2010

Letters to Loved Ones Back Home

My dear love Jenna,

My dear, I'm missing you terribly. I miss your tremendous loving hugs that embrace me everyday. The only thing that is embracing me, is the mud and the smoke from the cigarettes in the trenches. I've gotten trench foot far to many times to count. At times I wish I never singed for this horrifying job. but who's going to pay the bills. Being a journalist  is horrible. I thought i would just have to write, but no. I have to carry around a gun! A gun that resembles why I'm here. We have been taking buckets to the trenches to get at least some of the cold water out of the deep trenches. Alas nothing works. Every time we dunk the bucket into the trench and toss it up the sides, two times the bucket of water comes back in. Hows mother? And father? what about my loving siblings?

Has Jounior been askign about me? I dont want him to worry. I just want to let him know that I'm so proud of him for being so brave for me, you too my love.

well the genral is asking me to write another entry for our log. I most be going. I miss you tremendously.

Your love ,
William Turner.

1 comment:

Shauna Pollock said...

Some wonderful, genuine emotion here. Well done. I just want you to add a date so we are clear on which conflict this is from.

Miss P